 Space / 18034
Re: Pods....A Sweet Design
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 19:17:36 GMT

In lugnet.space, Gregory Muri writes:
Hello,

Being new to .space

Welcome!

I was wondering who came up with the original Pod
design?  Is there a site that has general guidelines for Pod design?

Well, I there is this clown with too much time on his hands who came up with
this clunker...

http://home.cogeco.ca/~sshaw/Toradoch/Toradoch_Kin_aero_eyot.htm

However, for the true source of the design it is best to look to the
granddaddy of all things podular....arguably one of the best ships to grace
these pages...the Grand Admiral's immortal Neverwhere:

http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego/spacecraft/neverwhere/

Having seen so many cool pod designs, it seems that the concept is pretty
broad.  Is this the general idea?

Yep.  It's a little blank slate for you to do as little or as much as you
like.  Everyone brings a little something new to it...have fun and go nutz!

Again, welcome to the trenches!

Cheers,
-Gil
(Still a relative newcomer as well)