 Space / 17957
Re: Bots and a pod
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 18:09:57 GMT

Those bots are cool.  I wish I could make things that small yet so detailed.
The pod's cool, too.  I'm working on a group of pods with interchangeable
wings and such, too.  It's a fun idea.

-Andrew
http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~martinam/MartianDesign/

In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer writes:
Hello!  Here are 5 bots I've built- inspired by Jon Palmer, of course, with
a few inspired by Jeremy Sproat's Robot School.

Folder:

Bot 1, my personal, self-made (imagine the Lego universe!) bot:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/Bots/bot1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/Bots/bot1b.jpg

Bot 2, a combat bot with a small laser and two HoverChambers(TM):
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/Bots/bot2.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/Bots/bot2b.jpg

Bot 3, a guard and mantainence bot: (o.k, I did post this before!)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/Bots/bot3.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/Bots/bot3b.jpg

Bot 4, a turtle-like, rough exploration bot:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/Bots/bot4.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/Bots/bot4b.jpg

Bot 5, a dog-like, fast three-legged bot:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/Bots/bot5.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/Bots/bot5b.jpg

And here is the Falconpod, a pod inspired by Chris Maddison's wing pod.
(Yes, it IS winged, and armed to the teeth, and oversized!)

Front view:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/FalconPod/dsc02037.jpg

Overhead view:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/FalconPod/dsc02039.jpg

Back:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/FalconPod/dsc02040.jpg

Detatched:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/FalconPod/dsc02041.jpg

The pod itself: (I plan to make this a sort of template, using many
switchable wing designs)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/FalconPod/dsc02041.jpg

Back of pod:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tboy/Space/FalconPod/dsc02043.jpg