 Space / 17469
Re: Moonbase Module: Monolith Landmark Site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 19:18:37 GMT

In lugnet.space, Duane Hess writes:
In lugnet.space, Gary Thomas writes:
Just goofing around, I felt incomplete without a moonbase module to call my own:

Okay, so it's really simple - but hey, it has a nifty robo-tourist and, uh,
space-nuns.  The monolith is the correct dimensions also:
2 studs (w) x 8 studs (l) x 15 bricks (h) = 1 x 4 x 9.

Later,

I was just looking at your module. I was wondering about how to properly
hinge the airlock door. And the space nuns just make me laugh. A person's
imagination never ceases to amaze me...

My guess is it doesn't hinge.  It's probably held on with a pair of 1/2
technic pins into the standard moonbase connector locations.  Neat idea
though.  This would look good next to the Apollo lander site module.

I had a thought, though, on modules like this that dead-end.  Many modules
don't actually seem to have airlocks in all the corridors (heck, some don't
even have doors).  I wonder how the moonbase residents would feel when this
door was opened if the module connected to it had no airlock.  Oops!

Adrian
--
www.brickfrenzy.com