 Space / 17427
    Decals? —Gil Shaw
   Greetings, I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on decal sheets that can be used with a deskjet printer for insignias and such. I seem to remember them used on a couple ships....Jon's Scumcraft comes to mind. I would be interested in (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

        Re: Decals? —James Wilson
   (...) Gil, If you're talking about water-slide decal film, you can get it at a hobby shop. Micro Scale makes both clear and white film. You can print it on an inkjet printer and then you spray something over it (I've never done it). They also have (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

        Re: Decals? —Gil Shaw
     Ah...water-slide decals. Perfect! That's exactly what I'm after. Many thanks James, -Gil (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

        Re: Decals? —Bianca Nebab
   One thing about Kinko's and laser jet waterslide decal paper. It is coated paper and tends to be thicker stock so some places will not let you use their very expensive color laserjets with coated/thick stock. I tried with Office Max and with Staples (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

        Re: Decals? —Markham Carroll
    "Bianca Nebab" <brgn@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:H2CMw4.I5p@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) I've seen laminated papers run through an expensive color lazer jet, and they were just fine, except in the areas with just plastic without paper (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

        Re: Decals? —Gil Shaw
   Excellent advice on all accounts. Many thanks Bianca and Markham...you've greatly narrowed the field to a couple educated choices. Cheers, -Gil (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general)