 Space / 17461
Re: Decals?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 12:10:25 GMT

Excellent advice on all accounts.

Many thanks Bianca and Markham...you've greatly narrowed the field to a
couple educated choices.

Cheers,
-Gil

In lugnet.space, Markham Carroll writes:

"Bianca Nebab" <brgn@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
One thing about Kinko's and laser jet waterslide decal paper. It is coated
paper and tends to be thicker stock so some places will not let you use
their very expensive color laserjets with coated/thick stock. I tried with
Office Max and with Staples and neither would let me do this for fear that
the coating would melt and ruin their machines--something I completely
understand. I would recommend just going with the inkjet paper. It is more
expensive, but it works perfectly fine on most home inkjets. I've used
inkjet and laser paper made by Micro Mark on my home printers and the
results with the inkjet paper were very satisfactory. This is a pic of my
hocky minifigs done with decals:
http://home.att.net/~binkyplastica/L-main/customs/4devs1rags.jpg
If you are going to be putting designs on dark colors, you may just wish • to
go with white stickers.
2c
binky

I've seen laminated papers run through an expensive color lazer jet, and
they were just fine, except in the areas with just plastic without paper in
between, there formed small air bubbles, but it there were no signs of
meltation.  I think lamination plastic has a lower meltingpoint, too.

--
Markham Carroll