 Space / 17283
Re: Moonbase Entrance Module
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 21:09:04 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:
In lugnet.space, Dan Mattia writes:
I was discussing with some spaceheads in Bricklug Chat and it came up of how
a minifig can get inside a module.

I suppose this seems sort of elementary to me.

You get to the moonbase by spaceship. Spaceships land on the landing pad.
You walk off the spaceship and into the airlock.

If you need to go outside to do stuff, certain modules have separate
airlocks that cater to their needs.

Yes, this was what I did in my Power Plant Mod.  There is a roof-top hatch
that hinges into an airlock... one darn blurry image:

http://www.valyance.com/home/lego/space/powermod/roof_hatch.jpg

I ran out of the little gray bar-clip-thingies that I had used for ladder
rungs on the interior.  If I find more, I would love to add an exterior
ladder to run from the roof hatch down to the surface.  It would explain how
the technicians might access the greeblings without exiting via some
neighbors module...

As for a grand entrance, I think that is still pretty cool as an idea.  A
decent percentage of Mods so far are slightly silly (used car lot, fast food
joints, etc.), so it would seem naturaly to have a touristy welcome spot...
If someone wants to do it, why not?

-Hendo