 Space / 1722
Re: Starship Command Chairs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 15:43:49 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Mr L F Braun <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote:

The first is the "basic" command chair, with diagnostic button panels;
it is the most primitive and might be found on ships of all generations:

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/carthage/1046/cmdchr1f.jpg
http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/carthage/1046/cmdchr1r.jpg

...A very basic, standard issue command chair (like ol' billy's chair). Good clean design
too :-)

The next chair is a modification of type 1.  It's also my favourite--the
screen held out in front of the officer really came out nicely.  This is
expected to be a mid-level-tech military standard chair.

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/carthage/1046/cmdchr2f.jpg
http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/carthage/1046/cmdchr2r.jpg

...Def my fave. The visor really looks good.

Want to use direct neural control for your starship, or do you just like
big funky headrests?  Type 3, the "advanced chair," might pique your
interest:

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/carthage/1046/cmdchr3f.jpg
http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/carthage/1046/cmdchr3r.jpg

...This one looks more like a relaxing chair vice a command chair (haircut anyone?) :-)
Tho I like how the back is connected to the chair... very slick and techie looking!

...I made a sample chair a few weeks ago that had a hinge piece bringing up a control
panel on one side... could be a good compliment to chair 2 (will post pics if I can find
it :-)

...you can go back to ignoring me now...

wubwub
stephen f roberts
wamalug guy  (http://wamalug.org)
wildlink.com