 Space / 16966
Re: Starfury(ish)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 21:53:45 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
Evening all,

Its nice to have an all Lego MOC for a change :-)

http://www.ozbricks.com/portblock/yar/016.htm

I have always loved the Babylon 5 Starfury starfighters.  I am not
suggesting that these little babies are in any way authentic - they're more
'inspired by'.

I actually started out with more authentic longer, less swept wings.  But
fiddling about and finding out where the bricks were taking me, I ended up
here.  Not quite as graceful, but definitely some A10 Warthog thrown in.

HES Sirius carries two of these, racked out the back near the rear upper
airlock.

Its a bit hard to see, but these are Jack Stone car canopies, mounted
vertically.  To hold the back together, I popped the tops of two 4x4
turntables.  And finally a use for those Star Wars corridor elements :-)

Richard
Still baldly going...

Hey, I really like these.  Very nice!  Which JS set did you use for the
canopies?  Do the canopies have printing on them?

I really like the detail using the LoM doorway (Didn't know where to use
mine) and the fact that you use a jack stone container door as the hatch to
the vehicle.  Over all, very good.

BTW...love the combination of megablock and lego on the Port site!  Gotta
love all that cheap grey, eh?  Inexpensive is good.  ;D

I find the Sirius to be very 'Nostromo' in nature.  Nice.

~Trev
Da ALC guy.
http://home.cogeco.ca/~tpruden3/index.html