 Space / 16914
  Re: Defining the term "Capital Ship"

(...) What I meant to say was 1.174 gigatons (1.174 million kilotons, 1,174 megatons). If my memory serves me correctly, that's more than half of America's nuclear firepower. (22 years ago, 31-Aug-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Defining the term "Capital Ship"

(...) One heavy turbolaser bolt on a Star Destoyer has a blast of 200 gigatons. Lets not even get into the insane amount of power required for hyperspace. (Which is far more than would be required to "take off" from a planet.) Or how about this one: (...) (22 years ago, 1-Sep-02, to lugnet.space)