 Space / 16735
  Landing Gear!!!!!!!! :-(

Hello All, I can't seem to building wheeled landing gear that retract into my space ship. Any ideas? Any pictures? (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Landing Gear!!!!!!!! :-(

(...) It's not easy. The key seems to be click hinges for the gear. But folding gear takes up an enormous amount of space inside the ship. Look at the passenger transport on my website for a reasonable-sized ship that has folding gear: (URL) even (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Landing Gear!!!!!!!! :-(

"John R. Beck" <jbeck@naturecenter.org> wrote in message news:H1B141.LG6@lugnet.com... (...) You could probably adapt the landing gear from my Apollo to have wheels instead of the 2x2 slope bricks I used: (URL) (down) (URL) (folded up) The trick (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Landing Gear!!!!!!!! :-(

(...) It's probably a great deal larger than you'd be interested in replicating, but my Maven has retractable airplane-style landing gear: (URL) basically done with click hinges on the gear itself, and finger hinges on the doors. Adrian -- (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.space)