 Space / 15764
Re: Renaming of Space Laser-Gun with Side Sight
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 20:15:45 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, David Carriker writes:

"Steve Bliss" <partsref@yahoo.com> wrote in message

But I did edit the header, changing "Space" to "Minifig", and adding:

0 CATEGORY Minifig Accessory
0 KEYWORDS Space, Town, scope, scanner, tv camera

What about Damien's suggestion of "Minifig TV Camera"?

Steve

"Minifig TV Camera" makes MUCH more sense to me.  I had never thought about
it being a laser gun until I saw the name of the part listed here on lugnet
as "Laser Gun with Side Sight."

It makes me wonder what Lego intended the part to be used as in the space
theme.  Since they print only pictures in the instructions and box art, it
almost leaves it up to the builder to decide what it should be.  What does
anyone else think?

-David

Don't quote me on this, but if it's the piece I think you're referring to, I
believe it first appeared in this set here:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6880

And only appeared in space sets for the *longest* time.

So the Space descriptive element was justified, tho prob'ly not now.

Dave K.