 Space / 1549
Re: Is this a good Blacktron deal?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 17:22:26 GMT

   I ended up getting 6988 for 26 bucks with a few replacement parts and no
battery box or wires.  I haven't got it in the mail yet, but it's well worth
it to me.  I can get the rest for about $10 from shop at home, and the pieces
that were replaced, according to my seller, were nominal black 1 by 8's.
   I know for real collectors, MIB is a big deal.  But I stand with the Toy
Story 2 philosophy of toys.  If you don't play with them, you don't really
love them.  Guess I'm just a hopeless romantic...

Markus

In lugnet.space, Tim Courtney writes:
In lugnet.space erythrite@hotmail.com (Kya Morden) wrote:
No.  That has a much higher collectors value :)  We're talking about
6988.

How much hire?

I don't know exactly, but a month and a half ago or so someone was
selling a few MIB (no pun intended) 6987's at a minimum of $130, I
think.  But in an auction, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see an
MIB MIB (just had to :) to go for over $200.

http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6988

-Tim

I still think the best thing about the 6988 is the space ship that
comes with it.  It has a classic space feel (the opening doors in the
back).

The spaceship is nice.  I even used its base stem and platform to make
a fighter out of.  It works quite nice.  I would, however, redesign
such a Blacktron cargo transport for any serious use.

-Tim

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org
AIM:   timcourtne