 Space / 15247
Re: Blacktron Attacker Ant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 18:54:32 GMT

"jonathan lopes" <cityboy4k@aol.com> wrote in message
news:GyL923.E80@lugnet.com...

I'd like to see the inner body where the legs connect. Just below the • yellow
modified plates. Maybe an upside down shot as well.

OK, you got it. I have performed a dissection:

As you will see there is not much to it, just 6 of the slightly less common
click hinges that are hinged for horizontal rather than vertical movement. I
have also moved the neck back one stud as suggested by Richard. It does look
better, but the head can't now tilt to fully horizontal, which isn't a big
problem.

There's also a photo of under the mask.

You take a great picture, usually its difficult to deliniate black parts • but
yours are very clear.

They were taken with a Olympus C2000, 2Mb digital camera, which is old hat
now, but has always been very good for LEGO close-ups. I suspect the bright,
but not sunny, lighting on the day I took them, and the mid-toned grassy
background helped get the colour and brightness balance right.

The two new ones are not so good, it's getting dark here right now :-)

Huw