 Space / 15209
Re: Blacktron Attacker Ant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 20:48:40 GMT

"richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message
news:GyL528.1qH@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.space, Huw Millington writes:

That's great, Huw!  I can't believe there is a non-bionickles use for that
face mask besides mere decoration.

It was a last resort. I couldn't come up with anything in regular bricks
that looked half-decent. I got the idea from the picure of that grasshopper
in the LEGO club magazine made from Bionicle pieces.

I don't hate the curved slopes anymore
-- not since they have completed the collection with most everything you
might need or want to build something with the new angles.  You could even
have made the bulbous posterior segment pointed on the sides with those
2x6x1 curved slopes, available in black or yellow for this MOC.

I don't have any in black that aren't decorated yet. One would also then
need the new 4x2 to go between them to do the yellow stripe.

I think I may try a variation of this with those awful LoM pincers for
mandibles.  I think it wants a shorter neck too -- but that's just me
maybe.

It also needs some antenna, but I couldn't find a way of doing them. The
head is actually quite complex under the mask -- perhaps I should photograph
it without the mask.

If you had entered this in the BT1 Contest a few months back,  there might
have been a 3-way tie for Category VIII -- Ugliest, Wackiest Thing in • Space.
This is supposed to be high praise, BTW.

Praise indeed, thanks :-)

Huw