 Space / 15027
Re: Ice Planet entry: Tundra Explorer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 21:32:05 GMT

"Gil Shaw" <NIXtoradochSPAM@hotmail.com> writes:
William R Ward <bill@wards.net> writes:
The Tundra Explorer is built in the grand tradition of LEGO ground
vehicles.  Here are some of its highlights: • [...]
http://www.wards.net/~bill/lego/space/ice-planet-2002/tundra-explorer/

This really could be a set, Bill....the astute explanations of criteria are
a blast and right on the dollar.

Fun stuff with a great retro aesthetic...

Thanks, that's just what I was going for.  It's easy to make a model
that happens to be red and blue and trans-orange.  I wanted to capture
the quirky bad design typical of official LEGO sets (of that era,
anyway).

By the way, anyone remember the old "All-Terrain Vehicle"?
(http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6927) It would get hung up if you drove
it over a single brick!  Nice ground clearance there.  Even when I was
a kid and it was new, I thought that was stupid.  But it was good for
parts :-)

--Bill.

(And what is it with the Ice Grandpa guy?  Every Ice Planet set seemed
to feature him almost exclusively.)

AMAZING BUT TRUE: There is so much sand in northern Africa that if it were
                  spread out it would completely cover the Sahara Desert!