 Space / 14967
Re: Little Fighter (again)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 05:23:18 GMT

"Matt Sekerak" <matthew.sekerak@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:GxzFuw.IIs@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.space, John Henry Kruer writes:

Its simple, but I like it.  I made it as a little generic fighter for ye
average space force.

PLMKWYT!

John Kruer

Simple but cool, John.  I've found building small lately has great • rewards.
You don't spend too many hours on something you just can't get quite • right,
you don't use all your good pieces, the smaller amount of pieces you DO • use
can go toward lots of detail, and you can build lots of them!
I'll enjoy the splendor of someone elses capital ship!

-Matt

I wholly agree!  Every once in a while, I would like to build big, but
staying small is challenging and rewarding in its own ways.  I'm forced into
it, due to lack of parts for anything big, but ya gotta go with what ya got.
I try to think of other peoples' Capital Ships as "inspiration."

John - nice form.  I like the landing gear - it's often hard to get it to
look good while both up and down, but you pulled it off with a simple but
elegant soltution.  I'm curious, have you tried changing the color scheme?
I like the white and black and trans-blue (often, I would kill to be able to
use those colors - my ships are patchwork psychedelic messes before I render
them into their proper colors), but it might be fun to see it in red and
black and trans-smoke grey.  Maybe I just have too Blood Moon left on the
brain.  ;)

        -- Tom

http://www.band.calpoly.edu/~tsciorti/lego.html