 Space / 1492
Re: Feelings over 2000 sets . . .
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 15:35:32 GMT

In lugnet.space, Ed T. Toton III writes:
Actually I think the ship is the "Odyssey" but it escapes me now.

It's the Discovery.

Thats it...  Thanks for relieving my brain block.  :-)  Now I can get some work
done.

I thought about trying to make a minifig scale
model of it, but I'm afraid I don't have the parts or the time/patience,
especially for the spherical part (and would anyone really even want
to attempt to make the rotating deck section inside the sphere??)

It might be a little much to do that rotating deck but I think the exertior
could be done with a little patience.  Heck if you ever sat through the movie
from begining to end then you probably have the patience it would take to build
the model anyway.  The movie is great and way ahead of its time in terms of
special effects but it is a bit slow.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/