 Space / 14904
14903  |  14905
Subject:
A little Ice Planet Insanity for you all...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 07:38:38 GMT

I'm sorry, but I just can't think seriously in these colors.  My latest
entry is the Ice Planet Outhouse, because when ya gotta go, ya gotta go, and
this is one time you don't want it to freeze before it hits the ground.

But making an ordinary, environmentally friendly, energy efficient, subzero
porta potty wasn't enough, so I decided to go the extra mile.  You'll have
to follow the links to find out what I've dished up...

CATEGORY: IX - IP Insanity

MODEL NAME:
Ice Planet Porta-Potty

SHORT DESCRIPTIVE:
When ya gotta go, ya gotta go!

LINKS:
model:
http://www.band.calpoly.edu/~tsciorti/lego.html#137

.dat file:
http://www.band.calpoly.edu/~tsciorti/outhouse.zip

thumbnail for website:
http://www.band.calpoly.edu/~tsciorti/outh_1vs.jpg

PART COUNT:
~ 130

Notes:
-- There is an oddly placed (the bottom of it is imbedded in a wall) antenna
piece to hold the toilet paper - this is supposed to be a black rod, the
same rods used as light sabres.

-- The green soap canister is supposed to be the new light green from the
Mars theme.

-- As with my other models in IP color scheme, the dat file uses
trans-yellow in place of trans-fluoro orange.  I can't get the orange to
work in pov-ray, so I changed the color definition in the pov file.

-- Attn: Ice Worm: I think there's a typo in Rule 4.  I don't think you mean
to imply that we hate LEGO elements...

-- I would have used quarter saucers instead of the 8x8, but they don't seem
to exist in ldraw yet.  ;)

            -- Tom