 Space / 14793
Re: Nightshade semi-vertical craft....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 14:58:15 GMT

I believe the full name is POV-ray tracing.  I'm not really too familiar
with it, but from what I understand a model is created in LDRAW or LCAD,
then is submitted to the POV program along with other variables (light
direction, background etc.) and produced a CG image that looks clean and
bright a la Toy Story stuff.  A Mickey Mouse explaination I know, but it's
about as far as my very limited technical knowledge of the process goes :>

Here is an example of one of Scott Sanburn's MOC's done in POV..

If you're interested, I think LUGnet has a discussion area that might be
able to help you out with the Mac applications needed:

lugnet.cad.dev.mac

A semi-vert (love the classification, BTW) run of models would be a blast!

Cheers,
-G

In lugnet.space, Matt Sekerak writes:
Thanks Gil!  Refresh my memory...what is POV again?  If it's some clone of
LDRAW or LCAD, I share your limitations.  I'm a furiously loyal Mac user,
but one price I pay is not having those cool programs.  Tried Brickdraw
3D...no luck.  Oh well, they'll be Mac friendly some day, I'll be patient.
What I'd like to see is the semi-vertical concept go even farther, with
dozens of variants created by dozens of  builders!  What the heck, they're
not very time consuming, let's have an un-official semi vert. event.

Just an idea.

-Matt

.