 Space / 14344
Re: has anyone ever made a lego model of NCC-1701D
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2002 14:05:13 GMT

In lugnet.space, John D. Forinash writes:

So I figured instead it might be fun to do just parts. Even just doing
the bridge was tough-- scale's no problem, but the big curved railing
doesn't lend itself well to Lego. And, well, when I tried it, "tan" was
not a color that you could get your hands on.

I'd like to see it done correctly now. I might get around to trying it
again. :)

-JDF

I have been playing with the thought of making a bridge for a while myself, and
I see lots of 'interesting challenges' to be addressed besides the wishbone
railing. The sloping of the rear of the bridge to the front is a big problem
too.

Other sections would be easier, like a transporter or Engineering.At leastthose
have square corners:)

In terms of a microscale Enterprise-D, the round plates that came with the Droid
Escape could be used for the saucer section witha plate in the middle to extend
the curve...after that, the rest shouldn't be that hard to work with.

Joe Meno