 Space / 13203
Re: Jet and Spike
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.minifigs
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 16:31:44 GMT

Hey, great figures.  I love CB and your renditions are really good.

Thanks they took me a while the get the hair right.

I really enjoyed your gunboat too.

I rebuilt the 'gunboat' which I learned is actually called the 'Redtail.'
The new one is WAY better then my first. You'll be seeing it soon.

What did you use to make the hair?

I picked a pack of Sculpy clay @ Wal-mart for about $5.00 that has all the
primary colors plus white and black. It's like oil clay until you cook it a
little and it's as hard as a rock!! The package says to bake in oven, but I
didn't want to risk melting the head so I shot them with a hair dryer for 20
min or so.

What kind of paint did you use?

I used Testor's plastic model paint, the same stuff I use for my Gundam
figures. The paint brush is a really fine watercolor brush I pick up at
Hobby Lobby for around $4.00 (really high grade brush, works better then
plastic brushes that Testor's sells).

Will you post instructions for your MOCs?

I MAY make .dats for them, but they would take FOREVER!!!

out
tk