 Space / 1313
    Finally some pictures of the carrier I'm building! —Jon Palmer
    Ok. I just put together a website at geocities and borrowed a camera and got up 4 rough pictures of what I have built so far. This is my first web page and it isn't very pretty but I swear I will improve its quality as I learn more and as I build (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

        Re: Finally some pictures of the carrier I'm building! —Jon Palmer
      Oh yeah one more small thing. None of the red, white, or yellow bricks on the ship will be showing on the outside when I'm done. Just wanted you to know it wouldn't be a rainbow warier. : ) Jon (24 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

        Re: Finally some pictures of the carrier I'm building! —Kevin Wilson
     Coo! Nice ship Jon! This is one I'll have to show my daughter, who loves building the insides of spaceships but isn't too sure how to do the outsides! Kevin (24 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

         Re: Finally some pictures of the carrier I'm building! —Lindsay Frederick Braun
      (...) Yes--marvelous. The hull geometry is coming along nicely, and the bulkheads look really good (if colourful--but hey, you need SOMETHING to break up the monotony of deep-space travel...) best LFB (24 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

        Re: Finally some pictures of the carrier I'm building! —Jeremiah VanderMark
     (...) Is it just me, or is that King Leo's Castle in the hold? :P Jeremiah VanderMark (24 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

         Re: Finally some pictures of the carrier I'm building! —Mladen Pejic
     WOW! WOW! WOW! Man! That thing looks big, is it really only gonna be one or two solid colours when you're done? How big is it? How many crew members? Gonna add solar panels? What's the engine gonna be/look like? Is there a personal hygiene station? (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

     Mladen Pejic wrote in message ... (...) two (...) add (...) on (...) hull. Large areas will have blue and then black in certain areas. Then after that there will (and is now) be a little bit of dark grey, tan and even brown. So far I've decided that (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

         Re: Finally some pictures of the carrier I'm building! —Mladen Pejic
     Well you answered my questions, except that one about the, the, the.....PERSONAL HYGIENE STATION, cause you know yo' pirates gotta go pee some time, let's not get into #2 just yet......... Seriously I think your ship is gonna be awesome, I think (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

         Re: Finally some pictures of the carrier I'm building! —Jeff Barnett
     (...) Hey John do you have a E-mail address i can send you pics of my space ship i am working on?? The one i am working on isnt near that large. But it is able to hold the entire Space Police Solar Snooper, plus it will be able to carry the Galactic (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

        Re: Finally some pictures of the carrier I'm building! —Pawel Nazarewicz
     Well done! I'm not much of a space person, but I'll have to say that the sheer (a?) size of this is very, very impressive. Will it have interceptors and such around it? A bay? -- pn (24 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

         Re: Finally some pictures of the carrier I'm building! —Jon Palmer
     Pawel Nazarewicz wrote in message ... (...) Its going to have a bunch of small A wing sized fighters and bunch of smaller robotic drones that will love to tear through other ships hulls. : ) I'm a major castle fan and so I am trying to include a few (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

        Re: Finally some pictures of the carrier I'm building! —Pat Justison
     Very nice Jon! I am imagining all kinds of cool shapes around the structure you have made so far. Can't wait to see the finished ship. What will be the specs of the airlock, maybe we can make a standad design for everyone to use? Pat J (...) (24 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

        Re: Finally some pictures of the carrier I'm building! —John D. Forinash
     (...) The page is not important. The ship, the ship is wow. It breaks paradigms. I mean, I've seen some big ships before. I know my biggest creation (roughly 2x the size of the Galactic Mediator) isn't really all that big, but nothing I've seen is (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

        Re: Finally some pictures of the carrier I'm building! —Mike Petrucelli
   As a fan of large space ships I must say that is awesome. I am sure some remeber some of my own large ships. (URL) I must commend you, yours is the first ship I have seen that was "real" (not a rendering) that is bigger and more refined than my own. (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

        Re: Finally some pictures of the carrier I'm building! —Patrick Justison
     Mike, I am really impressed with the big black ship of yours. It has a very nice shape and does look very refined. One question, how did you make those engine plates? They look awesome. pat J (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

         Re: Finally some pictures of the carrier I'm building! —Mike Petrucelli
     (...) I used 6 8x8 grill plates aranged 2x3 vertically on each side. I used red bricks underneath to give the engine "glow" look. I am looking forward to seeing how Jon makes his engines. -Lord Insanity "A little nonsense now and then, relished by (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

        Re: Finally some pictures of the carrier I'm building! —Jon Palmer
    I really appreciate that Mike. I have your site bookmarked and really like your ships. I have to say that my favorite is probably the Avenger even though the other ships seem to have a more refined and clean look to them. I like all sorts of ship (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

        Re: Finally some pictures of the carrier I'm building! —Mike Petrucelli
   (...) Interesting. I always prefered the more pristine military look of Star Destroyers, at least for ships that "could ram right through another ship." (...) Now that sounds neat. I am currently working on a colony to go with my all black ship the (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)