 Space / 12262
Re: more turbocycles!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 16:08:45 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer writes:
"Adrian Drake" <tremor@apk.net> wrote in message
news:GpLxLy.DGx@lugnet.com...

-snip-

You'd chase these guys down and interrupt their racing?  You fiend!  The
Turbocycle League is equal parts Fast and the Furious style streetracing • and
organized Pod Race style racing.  It's not THAT illegal :)  Except when • the
occasional bystander gets maimed or shot with a laser or something, but we
don't like to talk about that sort of stuff...

This is how I imagine these races would take place:

The whole planning process of a race is very secretive.  Only the racing
teams, drivers, organizers and maybe a few sponsors know where the next race
will be.  I like the idea of hundreds or thousands of Bikes and drivers
decending suddenly upon some hapless Megalopolis on a random planet.
They're carefully planned racing course cuts right through the city, turning
it upside down.  The authorities are helpless to control the pandemonium.
But slowly some of the chaos abates as the citizens realize with pride that
their city has been chosen as the site of the next great Turbocycle
Championship.

Sounds neat to me anyway... :-)

Sounds pretty close to what I was envisioning :)  I'd actually build one,
but I think the representation of a futuristic city would make my brain
hurt.  Besides, I don't have enough road plates to make a decent track
*hehe*  Perhaps some time in the future.

Adrian
--
www.brickfrenzy.com