 Space / 12135
Re: Alpha Stinger - My ISCC entry (for under $14)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 15:19:13 GMT

In lugnet.build.contests, Mark Chan writes:
I didn't finish my primary model (a huge one) in time for the ISCC, but I
wanted to enter "something", so I brought out a MOC I made a month ago - the
Alpha Stinger, a snub-nosed aerospace fighter.

Great little model. It looks fierce! I'd hate to be a badguy facing it. I
especially like the background, where did you get it and how big is it? It
beats those sheets I used.

The Alpha Stinger is made entirely out of two Alpha Cruiser sets (which I
got for around $5 on sale, normally $6.99). I even made a display stand out
of some remaining parts, but there aren't any pictures of it (it's
functional, but not very photogenic.)

Joesph Gonzalez has a great webpage dedicated to Alternative Models from one
or two Lego sets, and his site inspired me to build my model. I think it's a
great site, and you can find it here:

http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/Glade/9007/

This is a great site... the discipline of trying to use just one set to
build with is very creativity enhancing... I know I get in a rut because I
have so many parts to work with, I get mental blocks...