 Space / 12122
Re: Misc creation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 22:51:51 GMT

In lugnet.build.contests, Bram Lambrecht writes: My only beef is that you're using GIF for the pictures. JPEG is much better suited for photographs.<<<<<<<<<

Thanks for the comments, Bram. Well noted about JPGs. I took the easier
route converting my PSD files to GIF, rather than JPG (have to flatten image
first). I'll plan on converting them to JPG. Thanks!

Oh, and where's the windshield on that model from?--Bram<<<<<<

Hrm, at some garage sale I picked up an off-brand of LEGO--style bricks
which contained the yellow windshield (Stealth Fighter). I thought someday I
could put it to good use, ..ouila! The name of the brand escapes me.

In lugnet.build.contests, Tony Hafner writes: Great model- (snip)Not counting the colors and canopy, is it part-for-part identical to the original?

It is about 99.5% part-for-part identical with the original ships' instructions.

I'm actually not much into Space anymore and wanted to do something creative
with some extra pieces I had picked up in various auctions over the past few
years. I suppose it got a little out of hand, but more importantly; I had
tons of fun making them. I'd expect about 5 more models before I discontinue
the theme. Of course it would be really cool to see some cross-theme
creations from other people! If you have any, send me some nice pictures and
I'll even make a custom box "for" ya!
Expect the actual models to be auctioned off in the future, as I have
limited display space.

Thanks for all the kind words!

-Kyle