 Space / 12097
Re: announcing Eon project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 04:18:19 GMT

Looks cool Paul, I've i think spacecraft that land in and are able to travel
in or even under water is an interesting, probably very viable and possibly
economic concept.

I was forntunate enough to have attended a lecture by Sid Mead at my college
last year, and while i have to say that I'm not extremely fond of his work,
I was extremely astonished at the 747's he did, and concepts for the ones
that never were actually made.... i mean on board elevators that are
stabalized by its tube being filled with water!?!?!?  pretty crazy stuff.

-David

In lugnet.space, Paul Hartzog writes:
howD all,

I have a large ship in the works called the Eon.
It is both a ocean-going luxury yacht as well as
a space-going, er, luxury yacht ;-)

It is based largely on various multimillion dollar
luxury yachts and luxury 747 aircraft (yes you read
that right) that Syd Mead has designed and executed
for VERY wealthy oil sheiks, Donald Trump, and other
rich folk.

since it will take so long to build, I've placed
a "in progress" folder on my brickshelf here:

wherein I will post pictures of the project and its
various elements as I complete them

i will post when i add to the folder, since (as always)
i like to get feedback about these things as i go along.

thx much
-paul