 Space / 12080
Re: The Blacktron Arrow
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space, lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 20:46:03 GMT

In lugnet.build.contests, Kevin Dixon writes:
Hi all,

Here is my entry for the blacktron I space contest:

http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=9419 • <SNIP>
I have to say that working with MLCAD and Povray has been a joy.  I used
l3p to convert the dat files to povray files.  The tools are fairly
straight forward, and with a little work you can get some impressive
results.  Kudos to the Ldraw/MLCAD team!  I soon hope to be rendering
some more complex scenes as a Scene of the Month entry on the ldraw.org
page.

S'Cool. Having done my entry in MLCAD/POVRay as well, I gotta ask:  "How'd you
do the hoses?"  I was gonna add some (it doesn't seem completely BT1 w/o
yellow hoses), but trying to build the things segment by segment caused much
blurriness of vision.