 Space / 12064
Re: BT 1 Contest Entry for Thomas Tyers - Attn: Scrutinizer!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 22:32:53 GMT

"Tom Sciortino" <tsciorti@polymail.calpoly.edu> writes:
Mr L F Braun <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message
   IIRC, one doesn't need to be a member to be a poster, they just have
   to get clearance to post.  I wasn't aware of any restriction of that
   kind re: the BT-I contest.

There isn't any restriction, it's just the technicalities of it all.  How
does he let all of us know where his page is?  Or what category it's
competing under?  Stuff like that.  I have no problem with him entering; my
question is simply how should we handle it?

He can just post on LUGNET just like anyone else.  You don't have to
sign up to be a member.  You just have to sign up and agree to the
terms & conditions for posting.  He can then go to the website, click
"new message", type it in, and send it off.  He'll get an e-mail with
a URL to click to confirm the message.  The only difference for
members is that you can skip that e-mail confirmation if you're logged
in.

Also, he can open a Brickshelf account for free and post the images
there if he wants to.  Paid membership in LUGNET is not required at
all.

--Bill.