 Space / 12034
Re: BT1 Contest Entry: Vengeance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.contests
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 00:00:15 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Hanson writes:
Recently declassified photos may be found at:

Beautiful ship, Paul!  You did a great job of working with the pieces on
hand (your glass solution).  And the color scheme is spot-on.

The modularity looks suspiciously akin to the ship you entered in the
classic space contest last year... not that I'm faulting you.  It makes for
a wonderful model and is very consistent with the Blacktron design
philosophy (as I see it).

By looking at the ship's overall size, I'd say that could be well within the
400-piece limit for large ships... *if* you are economizing on pieces and
building like a Lego set would be built.  While the greebly bits (such as
your extra cones and tiny cylinders on the engines) make the model look much
better, they very quickly drive up the piece count.  They aren't very true
to the look of Lego sets either, though it seems like that aspect isn't
being emphasized as much in this contest as last year.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com