 Space / 11790
Re: Mouseclops MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 16:43:52 GMT

"Aaron Sneary" <asneary@shakespearedc.org> wrote:

What you say you lack in building technique (and I know how you feel) you
certainly make up for in creative writing. I love your Newsflashes and
Corporate reports. Perhaps we Colony worlds should start some kind of economic
cooperative. See my post on Tau-Dasa Four and Secondary Systems:
http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=11770

...I've always found that a good story line and consistent presentation can make
even blocky or drab creations look great (perhaps the whole corporate culture
encourages blocky and drab ships and buildings? :-)

...I say keep up the good work on the back-story and universe and as your
building improves, it will all work out well.

I noted that my own shipbuilding technique is at present much more blocky
and drab than others here (Hey, Muffin Head, you're making the rest of us
look bad! :) ), but wanted to get them out and visible so I might get
feedback and improve them. (Well, and I still think I have some good ideas
once in a while...) On the theory that all the Corporations here in
.space building ships are probably relatively near each other, I figured
they were probably the civilized area of the galaxy, the Core to borrow
a term from Star Wars.  This is where the Colonies idea stems from-- my own
deficiencies explained. As my own skills get better, Colonial tech will
improve and the boundaries of the civilized area of the galaxy will
be eventually include New Plymouth, Tanfoora, and Nir.

-JDF

---
wubwub
wubwub@wildlink.com
jains.has.it        <-- Jain's Guide
www.sitcatsit.com   <-- a guy and his cat
www.wildlink.com    <-- the wildlinks

Start planning for BrickFest 2002!
The AFOL Community's Premier Fan Run Event!
www.brickfest.com