 Space / 11760
Re: Civilian Ship "Tantasil"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 19:53:24 GMT

In lugnet.space, Erin Windross writes:
After some structural problems (Those are nice words to describe when a
family member accidentally destroys your creation) with my original .boats
ship, I decided to scrap it and turn the hull (well, most of the hull) into
something else. This is the result, my first space creation "Tantasil". It's
still under construction, but I have put photo's up on Brickshelf of what I
have so far...basically the exterior is finished and I need to work on the
interior.

Currently, its width is 34 studs and its length is 174 studs. Hopefully the
thing will be completed in a week or so.

Pictures are at:

One last thing, since I don't have many specialized bricks (I'm a purist at
heart) I need some advice on how to "jumblify" the exterior. Any
constructive comments are welcome. LMKWYT!

--
Erin

Hi there, Erin,

I'm working on my first large cruiser now. I've found that exterior detail
is something which just grows: you add it now and then, bit by bit.

I've found the easiest way to snazz up a big, flat wall is to take a large
plate (preferably the size and colour of the wall), add heaps of little
decorated tiles, technic peices and otherwise fancy parts (all in the one
colour)and place them on the plate in a functional, organised random sort of
way. You then use a bracket or some other connector to affix the plate to
the wall.

Hope this helps,

Zac Soden
---------