 Space / 11486
  Classic space helmet vs later version?

Sorry if this question has been beaten to death but I just need some clarification on when Lego introduced the improved thicker chin guard type of classic helmet into the space lineup. I am trying to acquire/rebuild the first two years (1979 & 1980) (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Classic space helmet vs later version?

As far as classic space, ALL figs had the old style helments. The new style ones were not introduced to the space line until Futuron/SP1/BT1 in the late 80's. I dunno bout the 1x1's tho. Maybe check the brickshelf instructions for the sets you are (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Classic space helmet vs later version?

(...) style (...) late (...) I think that Peter is talking about the pre-Futuron/BT/SP helmets, of which there _were_ two kinds, one with a thicker chin guard but otherwise identical, and neither of which came with visors (in Space sets). I seem to (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Classic space helmet vs later version?

(...) Ahh. Ooops! I never had any original CS stuff :-/ All mine has come off the internet. --Kyle (URL)Cheers, (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Classic space helmet vs later version?

(...) Kyle, you poor unfortunate one... to never have experienced the joy of seeing a brand new right-off-the-shelf box of space Lego...mmmmm ;) Peter P.S. Thanks for the info guys. I will try my best to ensure that any helmets I buy are the (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Classic space helmet vs later version?

(...) Yea, :-/ I did just get two small Futuron MISB sets, opened one, kept the other sealed. It was very nice indeed. :-) --Kyle (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.space)