 Space / 11487
Re: Classic space helmet vs later version?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 02:45:03 GMT

As far as classic space, ALL figs had the old style helments. The new style
ones were not introduced to the space line until Futuron/SP1/BT1 in the late
80's.

I dunno bout the 1x1's tho. Maybe check the brickshelf instructions for the
sets you are trying to rebuild.

--Kyle
http://hvl.cjb.net

In lugnet.space, Peter Langlois writes:
Sorry if this question has been beaten to death but I just need some
clarification on when Lego introduced the improved thicker chin guard type
of classic helmet into the space lineup. I am trying to acquire/rebuild the
first two years (1979 & 1980) worth of space sets and would like to remain
as technically correct as possible. I have some classic yellow spacemen with
the thicker version but I know that yellow was not introduced until sometime
after the 1980 sets. Also were all the 1x1 round bricks (in all colours)
hollow studded? Or were some solid studded pieces used?

Thanks for the help,
Peter

P.S. I am from Canada, if location had any effect on where something was
introduced.