 Space / 11132
Re: New MOC: SoloTrek VTOL
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.military, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 13:44:58 GMT

In lugnet.build.military, Bram Lambrecht writes:
Joel Jacobsen writes:
In lugnet.general, Bram Lambrecht writes:
Well, now that Mark has posted his version[1], here's mine!
http://lego.bldesign.org/models/?m=solotrek

Also a great rendition, Bram!

Thanks!

That thing's got some .headlights. for its size! I don't think the pilot
will have to risk getting lost in the dark anytime soon, hehe.

Mine is based more on the artist's rendition of the craft than the
experimental proof-of-concept:
http://www.solotrek.com/mjet/images/solonew_web.jpg
I guess I did make the lights kinda large...

I like the way you used the 1x1's with clips as the foot pedals/platform.
It's a cool touch. :)

Thanks!
--Bram

Doh... I didn't poke around the web page so I didn't see that concept
drawing. In that case, sir...you hit it right on! That is sweet! And the
headlights are great - I like them large -- it reminds me of the the CAT
Rental store ads they run during NASCAR races(1)

Like Mark's, I think you've done the conversion from reality to brick perfectly.

Joel J

(1)This guy walks into the rental store and asks for this huge list of
stuff..which they, of course, have.. and the last 'test' is to see if they
have "light towers" and the guy behind the counter whips out a pair of
Ray-Ban's and flips a switch and replies "oh yeah.." as the room floods with
insane amounts of lighting. :)