 Space / 10895
Re: MOC: Enterprise, NX-01
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny
Date:
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 21:14:22 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Sid Mark Dinsay writes:
Salutations!

I have a new MOC, in the Star Trek vein.  It's the title starship from the
latest incarnation of "Star Trek"--the Enterprise, NX-01.  Compare and
contrast my Lego MOC with the original, and please let me know what you
think.  Your opinions matter to me!

http://onedaycnn.freeservers.com

Thanks!

onedaycnn (sid)

Absolutely incredible! Great model, I especially like the bridge, the way
you did the saucer curve, and the creative use of the blue Lego train rails.

When I first saw this on brickshelf, I loved the model, but thought it was
an Akira class ship. However, I soon found out it was the NX-01 from the new
series - and I had not seen any pics of the latest Enterprise yet. I'm a
huge Trek fan of all the series, and this is the first time that my initial
view of a new Trek ship was a Lego MOC! (And what a great MOC - very true to
the "real" one.)

BTW, I love the design of the original Akira class, so of course I love the
new "Akira-prise", as others are calling it. In fact, from the pics I've
seen so far, I think it's my 3rd favorite Enterprise after the "E" and "A"
versions.

From a Lego MOC perspective, it's the best Starfleet vessel I've seen yet,
and ranks right there with a Lego Klingon Bird of Prey I saw somewhere a
while back. (Rumaging through saved pictures) Hey, you did the Bird of Prey
too?!?! Wow. Double wow.

Keep up the great work, I can't wait to see more Trek models from you! Are
you going to take a try at the Defiant? As for me, I can build a fairly
accurate Lego Borg Cube at many different scales, without all the frills on
the hull....

Mark Chan