 Space / 10863
Re: small rocket mounting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 20:40:38 GMT

In lugnet.space, Aaron M. Sneary writes:
Has anyone come up with a good solution for mounting 1x1 round rockets/missles
horizontally to the underside of wings or onto the back of armoured vehicles. • I
am trying to work up some nice, detachable missle racks for BrickWars. I would
love to see some pictures.

In recent years my MOC's have all been non-violent, but in my KFOL days, I made
a lot of heavily armed spacecraft.  My preferred technique for mounting
missiles was to take the 1x1 plate with "hand" and attach it to the underside
of the wing (with a few other bricks to hold it in place).  The missile would
be made of the "loudhailer" piece, with a 1x1 brick-with-fins and a 1x1 cone
attached.

Another technique I developed in those days was for laser cannons.  I used the
1x2 plate that has two 2-stud-long poles on the ends (you know, the ones that
appeared at the nose of most of the old classic space models).  But to make
them more useful, they should rotate.  So I'd put a 1x2 plate with center stud
under each one.  The center stud is hollow, so I could attach it centered to
the underside of the "gun" piece.  The result would mount on top of the wings,
fuselage, or whatever.

--Bill.