 Space / 1072
1071  |  1073
Subject:
Free For All in Space: Six Reasons Why M:Tron Would Prevail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 18:57:59 GMT

Only a few people have even mentioned M:Tron up until now.  I personally think
they would win a war between all the space factions.  Why?

1.  Their magnets could draw away enemy fire or even turn solid pellets or
missiles back on their sources.

2.  Giant wheeled resource collectors like the Mega Core Magnetizer would give
the M:Trons a prosperous economy.

3.  It seems to me that maybe the real purpose of the Mega Core Magnetizer is
to cause a polar shift on a planet.  This would inevitably destroy everything
on the planet.  If the M:Trons could somehow find a vessel powerful enough to
transport the Magnetizer onto an enemy planet, the planet would instantly be
vanquished of all life.  Sadly, most of the M:Tron ships are very small and
would not have the space or engine power to get the Magnetizer into space.
However, alliances could be arranged with, say, the Exploriens, and their
enormous starships could easily haul the Magnetizer.

4.  The M:Trons would excel in light harassment missions and small raids.
Their amazingly small, fast ships could be brought into range of an enemy
capital ship by a ship such as the 6862 or the 6956 Stellar Recon Voyager and
could destroy its weapons turrets and possibly its drive systems in a matter
of minutes, before the higher-quality fighters onboard the capital ship could
be launched.

5.  Versatility.  M:Tron vehicles such as the 6862, which can travel on land
AND in space, would be a very formidable threat.  A fleet of these ships could
arrive at an enemy planet, take out its guard fleet, and commence a ground
assault without the need for a special mission where dropships are required to
transport tanks to the ground.  The enemy would never know what hit them.  The
6862 would make a fearsome ground assault vehicle, also.  The only other
ground-based vehicle I could imagine defeating it would be the Battrax, the
Solar Snooper, or a group of those Space Police I tanks.  Perhaps those tires
on the 6862 could be over-inflated to make a vehicle capable of going
anywhere???

6.  The M:Trons' radar systems appear highly advanced, second only to the
Exploriens or possibly Space Police II.  The Celestial Forager is the best
example here, with its large radar dish and its many smaller ones.  To me, it
looks like this little vehicle could be dropped on a planet, but far from
enemy territory.  With its advanced suspension, enlarged tires, supply box in
the rear, and high ground clearance, it could easily journey into enemy
territory through un-navigable swamps, making it undetecable to enemy eyes.
It could then activate its radar system and relay information about the enemy
bases in the region back to Fleet Command.

In conclusion, the M:Trons have a beautifully versatile, multi-functional
armada capable of taking the galaxy.