 Space / 10448
Re: New snowspeeder alternate: Eclipse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 20:30:55 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Joel Dobbins writes:
Hi! I just finished taking pictures of my first
try-to-make-something-with-only-these-bricks MOC!

<snip>
it apart, built the skyhopper (who's awesome idea was that?) and then tried • <snip>

http://pages.zdnet.com/dobbins-family/lateral/id14.html

PLMKWYT

<<Joel Dobbins>>

That's a pretty sweet alternate... it looks kind of like a pod-racer.

Anyway, the skyhopper was one of the first snowspeeder alternates I had
seen, it was done by these guys:
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Fields/1864/JohnIII.html

Someone did a whole bunch of alternates, he had a TIE Interceptor, a B-Wing,
an X-Wing, and an Imperial Shuttle last time I looked.  Unfortunately the
URL I have for his site is gone... it used to be
http://www.joefish.cwc.net/bricks/scifi/claude/index.html, does anybody know
where it went to?

Lastly, there's my alternate... I made an AT-ST about a month before the
official Lego one came out.  It's about the same dimensions as the official
one, but it looks better IMHO.  Even though it's an LDRAW model, I built it
IRL first... You can check it out on my site or on my brickshelf account.
(http://brickshelf.com/gallery/hobartrus/ATST)

-Bryan
hobartrus@hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/hobartrus/index.html