 Space / 10432
Re: Et in Arcadia Lego - Kestrel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 02:41:42 GMT

In lugnet.space, Kyle D. Jackson writes:
A question:  How do the flight surfaces work?  You said
ornithopter which would be a wing flapper, but your site also
mentions helo blades...

ah, yes, well i have an animated .gif that I'll be adding to
the site that shows the various flight modes. The wings have
up/middle/down/waydown positions and the heli blades can operate
in any mode EXCEPT valkyrie mode w/ the wings up.

also,
it doesn't flap.  Nelos Reth designed it on commission for
the production firm and after he turned in the designs, the
idiot executives decided to market it as an "ornithopter".
Go figger...

its not a TRUE ornithopter though,
nice catch Kyle.

;-)