 Space / 10413
Re: Inspirational pics added to my BShelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 05:45:53 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mladen Pejic writes:
These are some really great pictures. I think I've seen other work by this very
artist, I'll have to check it out.

Anyways, thanks for sharin'!

   Ditto.  Berkey was doing this a LONG time ago--National
   Geographic's _Our Universe_ of the 1970s had a Berkey on
   the cover, and they made school binders and folders with
   Berkeys on them.  Some of those images may be 30 years old!

   They're still good, though--he handles gouache and oils
   with equal dexterity.  Thanks for posting them--assuming
   of course the erstwhile Mr. Berkey would approve (I think
   he would--there aren't many power-geeks among we scifi-
   geeks...)

   best

   LFB