 Space / 10396
Re: Condor dropship added to my web page (finally)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 15:14:02 GMT

In lugnet.space, Joel Jacobsen writes:
In lugnet.space, Jeromy Irvine writes:
In lugnet.space, Joel Jacobsen writes:
The first of the various MOC's shared to be added is the Condor.

Located under the Jericho Tactical Industries section of my site.

http://home.columbus.rr.com/jacobsen/html/Main/lego%20creations.htm

Very nice design. It looks almost organic. I especially like the modular
load system in the back - very cool.

Thanks Jeromy!

It did turn out looking a bit like a manta ray or some such in the end. I
drew somewhat off the large bomber(?) from the Tanis scenes in Raiders of
the Lost Ark -- something that Admiral Muffin Head caught almost
immediately. :)

I've thought about modeling it in Lego a little while ago, although all of
the round edges make it somewhat of a challenge, It would be espeically
authentic if someone did a custom of indy and the fat guy with a bloody
face! Hehe That would be cool!

BTW Joel, the Manta is awesome. Lots of detail and a very cool shape, the
cockpit is pretty nifty too. I love cockpits that fit tons of controls and
minifigs into small areas like this one. The folding wings are sweet aswell,
you know, there isn't much I don't like about this one, It is a very cool
design and a awesome ship, keep it up!

-Geordan-

I suppose naming it "Manta" wouldn't have been too bad of an
idea... Condors are kinda big and slow.. And it does have an extra 'sting'
in the back with the carried modules/vehicles.. Maybe JTI will have to
consider a name change. :)

I noticed that you also find those Luke Skywalker figs from the Speeder Bike
set to be useful for commandos. Looks like some very nice firepower that
they're carrying.

I love the camoflauged torsos. I have 4 of them and it just seemed fitting
to make an assault team using them. The Hoth Trooper torsos were used on the
Arctic team on the far right, under the Arctic "fur-lined" hoods. :)

Again, great model!

--
Jeromy Irvine
http://www.accuvera.com/lego/