 Space / 10367
10366  |  10368
Subject:
Eagle 2 MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 16:30:24 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

It has been a while since I have built any space ships.  I was really
inspired by the great space stuff that people brought to BrickFest (Bram's
Q-35 Space Plane for one) - so I have made time to build and I have started
putting the ideas in my head into brick.

I give you the "Eagle 2" transport -
(more pictures to come)

see also some nice sharp pictures Daniel Staudt took of the ship

The ship is very much a take off of the Eagle from Space 1999
(http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Launchpad/9782/eagle/eagle3v.jpg).
I did not have the parts to make an acurate model of an Eagle, so I did not even
try, but it can be done.  Jeurgon Luettgen has a picure of a NICE looking
start to an acurate model Eagle -

I set out to build a ship that had a quarter dome cockpit, big engines, a
center container that can detach, and some "playability".  You have to be
able to "zoom" a space ship.  The Eagle 2 can be picked up and held by the
center beam and "flown."  The ship is pretty strong (and heavy).

Anyway - LMKWYT.

Bob Hayes