 Space / 10325
Re: Box styles for small Classic Space sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 01:55:57 GMT

In lugnet.space, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.space, Kyle D. Jackson writes:
G'day folks,

(Okay, I may have wrecked my own thread on this 3 days ago,
so I'll try again  :]  Apologies...)

  I don't know what it is.  Maybe it's bad Detroit juju
  rubbing off on you.  It's wacky, at any rate, but it's
  been happening to me lately, too (except when I write
  tangential comments about frogs) so perhaps it *is*
  being too close to Detroit.

Detroit seems to mess people up just by proximity.  Just
look at Windsor!  ;]

  I vaguely remember the locking box.  But I think it's really
  cheesy that the "mint in sealed box" set didn't come with
  any manual, baggies, or ANYTHING.  That, to me, is very bad
  deception--it may be mint, and the box may be latched, but
  it is most certainly not "sealed."

  I haven't bought any MISB sets, but that is most certainly
  not MISB and not as advertised.

What I find bizarre is that LEGO would have sold sets that were
not glued at all.  Anyone could open these sets and take stuff
out, right in the store.  That seems bizarre.  Had I been selling
that set, I may have assumed it was sealed, too, since I wouldn't
want to risk tearing glue by pulling on the flaps to see.  And
the pieces inside weren't even bagged, so they could just fall
out if the box ever popped open.  It's weird..., I've never
seen a LEGO box like this before (that I can recall).

C'mon, where are all you MISB owners hiding?  Dave L?  John Y?

KDJ
FROGGER #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada