 Space / 10317
Re: Box styles for small Classic Space sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 05:49:09 GMT

In lugnet.space, Kyle D. Jackson writes:
G'day folks,

(Okay, I may have wrecked my own thread on this 3 days ago,
so I'll try again  :]  Apologies...)

   I don't know what it is.  Maybe it's bad Detroit juju
   rubbing off on you.  It's wacky, at any rate, but it's
   been happening to me lately, too (except when I write
   tangential comments about frogs) so perhaps it *is*
   being too close to Detroit.

How were the smaller Classic Space set boxes sealed?  Were
they glued shut?  Were they not glued and just had "locking"
cardboard tabs?  Were they sealed in plastic?

I have received a box that's done the "locking" way.  I'm
curious how common this is.

   I vaguely remember the locking box.  But I think it's really
   cheesy that the "mint in sealed box" set didn't come with
   any manual, baggies, or ANYTHING.  That, to me, is very bad
   deception--it may be mint, and the box may be latched, but
   it is most certainly not "sealed."

   I haven't bought any MISB sets, but that is most certainly
   not MISB and not as advertised.

   best

   LFB