 Space / 10172
Re: A couple of new capitals.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 22:47:57 GMT

In lugnet.space, Trevor Pruden writes:
In lugnet.space, Jesse Alan Long writes:
In lugnet.space, Duane Hess writes:
In lugnet.space, Jesse Alan Long writes:
In lugnet.space, Trevor Pruden writes:
In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:
Trevor Pruden at trevor_pruden@hotmail.com wrote:

a)  A "Bailey" class standard corvette, in TDF (Titanian Defence Force)
colors:
http://members.home.net/tpruden3/c1.html

Nice use of color. The use of slopes on the edges keep it from looking • too
boxy. ;^)

Mucho gracias, senior!  It's a simple design, but if you recall all my
earlier, eclectically-color attempts at capitals prior to my MK4, I wanted
to tie up some loose ends and finish what I said I was going to do.  I've
actually very happy with the shape and the color too.

b)  An "Osiris" class missle corvette, also in TDF colors:
http://members.home.net/tpruden3/m1.html

Very nice shape. Looks like it means business. I like how the... HEY! I • AM
NOT AN OSCAR MEYER WEINER!!!

X^P

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head

Mooohahahaa... :^D  I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that.  Just
joiking around!  Afterall, I wouldn't want to be put on Fleebnork duty and
then catapulted into deep space, now do I?

Hey, did anyone happen to see the latest pics from the Grand Rapids GATS
that occured this weekend?  Someone actually made an Oscar Meyer Wiener
mobile.  Looks very nice.  I think it would hilarious to try a hand at an
Oscar Meyer Wiener Spacemobile!

~Trev
AStro Lift Co.

Technically, a capital class, according to the almost universally accepted
standard of Lugnet Space, is about one hundred studs in length.  I thought
that the information might be of use to you, Trevor.

Jesse Long

What does that have to do with the current thread? If it's a Capital class
Oscar Meyer Wiener Spacemobile then great, otherwise your information is a
little out of context

-Duane

My information is clearly in context, Duane.  A capital class vessel is one
hundred studs long.  Most of the builders on Lugnet will be able to tell you
that it is the truth so do not argue with me because I never set the Lugnet
Space Vessel Standards.
Jesse Long

I actually do see the corvettes that I built as more of a sub capital size,
but regardless of this "100 stud long" standard that you have refered to, I
officially go by Jon Palmer's standard on the Galactic Shipyard.  75 studs
minimum, either long, or high or both.  So if he wants to put the two
corvettes in the sub capital category, it's no skin off my nose.  But he can
put them in the capital section too.  It's all good.  One thing I can tell
you:  My frigate (which is not part of this thread) is a capital, it's in
Jon's capital section, and it's only 93 studs long.  And the guys who have
seen it in person have said nothing but good things about it.

But that in itself is pretty darn close to the this "100 long standard", so
I think we can all let that one slip right on by.  :^)  If not, I will stick
a long antenna on the end.  Jeepers...sort of like adding fins on the old
classic cars to make them "look" fast.

Maybe we need a new contest...nawwww.

~Trev
Astro Lift Co.

Don't sweat it Trev, I think Jesse's been drinkin' a bit o' moonshine, and is
lookin' fo' som' exitment'! (I'm kidding) ;-)

Anyways, I myself only have high standards, Jesse. People should only have high
standards Jesse. Do you have high standards Jesse. Jesse if you have high
standards then that is good. People like people who have high standards. Of
course sometimes high stardards put people off Jesse. I hope you understand
what I am trying to express in this post on LUGNET Jesse. Some LUGNETers
have high standards Jesse, this is good because they are very interesting
people Jesse. My late goldfish Gloria didn't have high standards, that's why
my mean Aunt flushed her down the toilet Jesse. Of course, I don't really
know if animals can actually have high standards at all Jesse. If they did,
Jesse, would it be interesting to observe animals with high standards. Maybe
I'm getting a little silly Jesse talking about fish, high standards. By the
way, did I tell you I download a program called LDRAW? I'm going to "LDRAW"
some of my huge ships and post them here so that all of you people can see
that my models are good and that I know what I am talking about when I say
space ships should not have wings on them, maybe people will finally be nice
to me if I do that, especially that Shiri person here on LUGNET, Jesse. ;-)

(note Jesse, the above is meant as a joke, hahaha, you know the deal)

;-)

Mladen