 Space / 10120
Re: I need some help with Mlcad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 18:46:16 GMT

In lugnet.space, Alexander Johnston writes:
I'm currently working on my lastest fighter design for the CSRDL and I'm
having trouble with MLcad.  Here's the thing.  I need to flip a wing loaded
with engines and weapons on it's side.  However, I can't figure out to
select all of the pieces that need to be fliped.  I click and drag the
little box over the wing, but there are a few pieces that don't get selected
and can't be fliped.  Can anyone help me with this?

Sounds like you need to use "Multiparts".

That's where you make individual sections and then later join them all
together for the final product.

Check out my future bikes and you'll see what I'm talking about.
http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=5709

You know the section where it shows you a list of all the pieces you're
using?  Above that is a drop-box called "Active Model".  You use that to
select what model you are working on.

And then when you're ready to add them all together you just drag a
sub-model into the main model (They're located under Documents in the parts
list.)

I don't know if there's a FAQ or help file about Multipart usage or not, but
once you've got it all figured it, it's extremely useful. :)

---SteveR