 Space / *22692 (-10)
  Re: Warping in with a new MOC - the Mantaclaw

(...) Hi George, I'm glad you liked it. In my opinion a good MOC also needs a good backstory and descriptions to say exactly what the createor intended certain features to be - not all parts of a space model are always self descriptive :) I was (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Warping in with a new MOC - the Mantaclaw

(...) Hi there, Chris, I'm quite flattered that you like it. The tools took a few goes to get right, however the thrusters took their current shape almost immediately. I suppose that's the beauty of a detailed sketch before construction :) Whilst (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Warping in with a new MOC - the Mantaclaw

(...) Thanks Jeff, The mechanisms that you refer to are actualy just buffers on hydraulic stems to absorb shock when the vehicle is pushing large vessels. Perhaps some pilots could retrofit them with magnetic systems for latching... Thanks, Zac (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Cougar X-5

Actually, posability is limited to x- and y-axix movement. However, the thing can pose in the following positions: crouching, jumping, walking/running, Jump-Jetting, squishing cars. I especially like that last one! i was going to make the legs a (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Cougar X-5

hey, nice job on your mech! got the reversed knee going. i'm starting to become a bigger fan of that genre. really dig that quad cannon--it looks like it could take out a tank or two! nice use of the large radar dish for a shield, too. you should go (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New Mecha: J-88 Firebrand

(...) Thanks! He may look better than the other LEGO's mini-mecha, but I doubt he's as sturdy as them. His head is only attached to his torso by a dark gray 1x1 round plate, and his torso is attached to his legs by another round plate. If I flick (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: New Mecha: J-88 Firebrand

(...) Hey, Thanks! How really freaky, but I'm studying the Aztec Culture right now :-O! The 'starburst' effect was purely by accident, I was just trying to thicken out the chest. Thanks again, Nathan Lord of the LEGO (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: MB Super Laser

ACPin's utterance expressed in news:HCu066.19wF@lugnet.com: (...) wow! great design! wouldn't want that one pointed at me :) It has a certain "computer-game"-look to it - like something from quake or halflife :) Leg godt og sjovt! (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Warping in with a new MOC - the Mantaclaw

(...) Good balance of color, and very functional-looking. Well done. ~Grand Admiral (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Warping in with a new MOC - the Mantaclaw

(...) Zac, This ship is really great: neat function and design! I like the detailed yet uncrowded engines and the panel above them. I too think the thruster packs are spiffy. Keep up the excellent work! ciao&salaam -Andrew (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.space)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact