 Scala / 126
Re: 3148!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.scala
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 01:31:37 GMT

In lugnet.scala, Jennifer L. Boger writes:
just called s@h and ordered 3148, it's not available until the 18th, but you • can
order anyway and once they get it they'll send it along.

the name she gave me for the set was "Carla's Winter Camp" and she told me • that
Carla was new to the SCALA line and she was an african american doll with skis
and a backpack and two cute bear cubs (i can't wait!)

:) thought you all might find that interesting :)

Hmm, I never really paid attention to Carla in the set (I've seen pictures of
this set for some time), however, looking at the picture on the back of the
3159 instructions, sure enough, a black character (sorry - she isn't
necessarily African American, LEGO is a worldwide product, in fact, Scala
really is not even targetted at the US). I can also see more clearly in the
picture that the bear cubs ARE NOT the same mould as the Arctic bear. I think
they will be somewhat larger, which is great, I don't think they'll be too big
for minifig scale. The bear cubs are more rounded than the Arctic bear. I'd
guess them as being more like 10ish studs long instead of 7ish, and 3-4 studs
wide.

There's a new ski pole part which will be rod compatible, and is taller than
the whip antenna.

Frank