 Robotics / Vision Command / 61
Re: Vision Command capabilities revised
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 01:06:28 GMT

It was Rainer again (post of Nov.2) who pointed to another possibility. He
proved that the VC cam is logitech-standard compatible and so the Logitech SDK
available at
http://developer.logitech.com/sdk/
can be used for independent software development.

So, this is my experience with learning robotics and vision recognition using
LEGO toys. (It is just a hobby, of course, but not so far from my main
profesional focus, which is speech recognition. If interested, see
http://itakura.kes.vslib.cz/kes/kes_lab.html).

Jan

Just to throw another resource into the mix if anyone is unaware of this:

Intel Open Source Computer Vision Library

http://www.intel.com/research/mrl/research/cvlib/overview.htm

This library is mainly aimed at real time computer vision.  Some example
areas would be  Human-Computer Interaction (HCI); Object Identification,
Segmentation and Recognition; Face Recognition; Gesture Recognition; Motion
Tracking, Ego Motion, Motion Understanding; Structure From Motion (SFM);
and Mobile Robotics.

Jay