 Robotics / Vision Command / 60
Re: Lego Cam API/SDK?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.vc
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 01:01:21 GMT

Just to throw another resource into the mix if anyone is unaware of this:

Intel Open Source Computer Vision Library

http://www.intel.com/research/mrl/research/cvlib/overview.htm

This library is mainly aimed at real time computer vision.  Some example
areas would be  Human-Computer Interaction (HCI); Object Identification,
Segmentation and Recognition; Face Recognition; Gesture Recognition; Motion
Tracking, Ego Motion, Motion Understanding; Structure From Motion (SFM);
and Mobile Robotics.

Jay

In lugnet.robotics.vc, Rainer Balzerowski writes:
In lugnet.robotics.vc, Lee Holeva writes:
I find the software development environment provided by Lego for use of their
Lego Cam to be somewhat restrictive.  What I would prefer to do is to write a
Visual C++ program to acquire an image, do some image processing, followed by
sending a message to the RCX via the IR link.  I would need to know the Lego
Cam's Application Programming Interface, API, to do this.  Has Lego put in the
public domain an SDK for their Lego Cam?  Alternatively, is there a "generic
USB camera" SDK, say from Microsoft or others, that would work?

Lee

Hi Lee

As far as i know is there no available API, but as the lego cam seems to be a
logitech quickcam you should try the logitech SDK at

http://developer.logitech.com/sdk/

I tried it and it does work.

Rainer